Skipwith Academy is committed to supporting families and children in the communities we serve, We provide engaging educational experiences for infants through school age children that meet their emotional, physical, social and intellectual needs.
OUR GOAL IS TO EXPOSE YOUR CHILD TO A VARIETY OF EXPERIENCES THAT WILL DEVELOP HIM OR HER SOCIALLY, EMOTIONALLY AND EDUCATIONALLY. TO ACHIEVE THIS WE:
- Provide a warm, nurturing environment in which the child’s individuality is recognized and supported by a loving and caring staff. This care includes opportunities for physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth.
- Provide a challenging and individualized curriculum that encourages the child’s creativity and love of learning. Our developmental program includes language, literacy, math, science, music, and art.
- Provide a wide variety of experiences, which include field trips, computers, foreign language and special programs such as puppeteers, musicians, and theater groups.
- Provide an open door policy in order to include our families and the community in the educational process.
- Establish a safe and supportive learning environment, which accepts and respects diversity.
- Promote character building, problem solving skills, manners and social etiquette.
- Foster the child’s feeling of self-esteem and self-worth.